RANCHO MIRAGE, CA – On Saturday, March 7, 2020 it was announced that a patient tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and was being treated at Eisenhower Health in Rancho Mirage. Out of an abundance of caution for residents and guests, the City Council of Rancho Mirage voted today to take precautions to limit public gatherings and is taking the following actions for City events and venues.
- The City of Rancho Mirage Library and Observatory will be closed to the public starting today through March 22, 2020. Staff will still be available by phone and email Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., but all regular scheduled programming programming will be canceled during this period and there will be no public access to the facility.
- The public counters at Rancho Mirage City Hall will be by appointment only for the remainder of this week. City staff will be working and available for appointments, phone calls and emails, during normal business hours. Please note, the doors to City Hall will still be open, however, the public is strongly encouraged to call and make an appointment. City Hall will return to normal operations and public availability on Monday, March 16th due to City Hall being the location for the ballot drop.
- Implement enhanced cleaning efforts at all city facilities.
- The City’s Music in the Park concert series will be canceled including Saturday, March 14th and Saturday, March 21st. These concerts were offered free to guests so no refunds are required.
- The City’s final Speaker Series event featuring Chris Evert on Tuesday, March 17th will be canceled, and staff will issue refunds and communicate directly with all purchasers.
The City Council has established a subcommittee to work with Eisenhower Health on ways the City of Rancho Mirage can support our local health care professionals in fighting the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The City plans to have a Coronavirus update at the Thursday, March 19 City Council meeting at City Hall.
City of Rancho Mirage
(760) 324-4511, Ext. 212