Growing up in Chicago, Rancho Mirage was a family fun destination for my family. Now my L.A. family — husband David and our two young daughters — love to escape the hustle of the City and relax in the serenity of the desert oasis. Yet there’s plenty to do with small children and for sports enthusiasts, it’s a terrific get-away choice.
Jamie Thompson is a realtor specializing in unique historic Los Angeles residential properties as well as mother to two high energy little girls and wife to David Thompson, a rising star on the L.A. architectural scene.
Jamie’s Rancho Mirage
- The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is better than any amusement park ride. Kids love it!
- Splashtopia at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa is a top fun spot for children. They can enjoy the lazy river, water slides and water games for days on end. When May gray and June gloom season approaches, the girls and I look forward to a summer fun get-away in Rancho Mirage.
- Little ones love a day visit to The Children’s Discovery Museum of The Desert in Rancho Mirage.
- You can find really cute resort wear at BLONDE and fun poolside swimwear and accessories at Diane’s Beachwear. OPTICA is where you can pick up a pair of the latest shades. All three shops are located at The River in Rancho Mirage.
- Wine tasting at the Tulip Hill Winery at The River in Rancho Mirage is an unexpected desert treat. This is the only outlet for the Northern Napa County based winery.