Rancho Mirage is where I relax and recharge. Playing a round of golf with my son, catching the current show at the Palm Springs Art Museum, playing in the pool with my granddaughters and a leisurely alfresco family dinner make for a perfect get-away day from my frenetic Los Angeles lifestyle.
Richard Thompson is a renowned Los Angeles based architect and planner who develops socially relevant award-winning plans for cities, corporations and university campuses around the world.
Richard’s Rancho Mirage
- Grandchildren love to visit The Living Desert.
- The contemporary art glass collection at Palm Springs Art Museum is fantastic.
- Sunday brunch with the entire family at Las Casuelas Nuevas in Rancho Mirage is a crowd pleaser and it won’t break the bank.
- Playing golf in November and early December when the courses in Rancho Mirage are virtually empty and the weather is perfect.
- Dinner at Wally’s where it’s easy to image Frank Sinatra dining in the next booth.
- Touring the mid-century modernist homes in and around Palm Springs. What a collection of masterpieces!