What better way to kick off the New Year than with a trip to the 2018 Palm Springs International Film Festival. The two week event, which stretches from January 2-15, features an assortment of films starring many of Hollywood’s finest actors.
Night one promises to be a real showstopper thanks to the Awards Gala. The black tie event shines the spotlight on some of the top performances in the past year while raising money for the Palm Springs International Film Society. The public is invited to mix and mingle with the A-list celebrities and the Palm Springs elite. Seats and tables to the Awards Gala are still available and a large percentage of the cost is tax deductible.
Here is a list of all the honorees at the 2018 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala of:
- Mary J Blige Breakthrough Performance for Mudbound
- Jessica Chastain Chairman’s Award for Molly’s Game
- Saoirse Ronan Desert Palm Achievement for Lady Bird
- Allison Janney Spotlight Award for I, Tonya
- Gary Oldman Desert Palm Achievement for Darkest Hour
- Sam Rockwell to receive Spotlight Award – Actor for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Timothee Chalamet to receive Rising Star Award – Actor for Call Me By Your Name
- Gal Gadot to receive Rising Star Award – Actress for Wonder Woman
- Holly Hunter – Career Achievement
- Willem Dafoe – Icon Award
- The Shape of Water – Vanguard Award
Many of the past recipients of these awards have received Academy Awards or nominations for their roles. The Palm Springs International Film Festival is viewed as an important stepping stone to reaching the Oscars.
As for the line-up of films, you can choose from over 180 options, ranging from international to documentaries. Visit the website to sort through the choices and find the right ones for you.
Individual film tickets will be available for purchase online starting on December 22 at 9 am. With more than 135,000 expected attendees over the 14 day event, you’ll want to buy your tickets early to get the best selection. You can also opt for a six-pack of vouchers for $69, which saves you $9 off the individual priced tickets.
For those who are traveling from out of town, there are many wonderful resorts and hotels in the Rancho Mirage area to consider. Be sure to check out the amenities, like spas, golf courses and restaurants, that these resorts have to offer.
Whether you choose to attend the star-studded Awards Gala or simply want to catch a few flicks, we hope you enjoy your visit to Rancho Mirage and the 2018 Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Still have questions? Visit the website to learn more about the Palm Springs International Film Festival.