Not only is the ANA Inspiration the first LPGA major championship of the year, it’s been played at Rancho Mirage’s Mission Hills Country Club since its 1972 inception.
You may know it best by one of its previous monikers. Until 1980, it was the Colgate-Dinah Shore Winner’s Circle, shortened to the Colgate-Dinah Shore in 1981, then lengthened to the Nabisco Dinah Shore Invitational in 1982. From 1983 to 1999, it was simply the Nabisco Dinah Shore, and from 2000 to 2001, the Nabisco Championship. The longest period it sported the same name was from 2002 to 2014, when it was known as the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
I bet you All Nippon Airways—the largest airline in Japan—is hoping to break that name record. Since 2015 it has been the steward of the beloved golf tournament. Hence, ANA Inspiration! For the first time since taking helm, ANA is switching it up when it comes to ticketing options for the 45th iteration of the massively popular annual event, held this year from March 29 to April 2. For the uninitiated, the ANA Inspiration website lays it all out:
– “’Grounds’ is just a fancy golf term for general admission. A grounds ticket gets you in at the gate, and gives you the opportunity to walk the hallowed Dinah Shore Tournament Course to follow your favorite LPGA players. Plus, there are several grandstands around the course available for you to grab a seat and take in the action, including the massive grandstand right by the 18th green and the Walk of Champions.
– Any Day Ground Ticket: Our most popular ticket, this will get you in any day of championship play (Thursday, March 30 through Sunday, April 2). Price $28.
– Pro-Am Grounds Ticket: This ticket will get you admission for the Official Pro-Am (Wednesday, March 29), which is a day when the professionals play the course alongside amateurs. Price: $18.
– Weekly Grounds Credential: Diehard ANA Inspiration or LPGA fan that’s going to come every day? This is your ticket. You’ll get in the gate every day from Wednesday through Sunday of tournament week. Price: $90.
– 6-Pack of Any Day Grounds Tickets: This package is perfect for families or groups of friends. With it, you’ll get six separate Any Day Grounds Tickets at a discounted rate. Price: $130.”
*NEW* Experience Class Packages
The shiny new Experience Class Package takes your entire experience at the ANA Inspiration and wraps it in a bow. Each package includes a discounted Any Day Grounds Ticket (good for admission any single day of the tournament), a food truck meal voucher (YUM), a beverage voucher to get you started at the bar, and a preferred parking pass for a single day. You’ll save about $10 when you buy an Any Day Package and over $50 with the 4-Pack.
ANY DAY Experience Class
Any Day Package
This package will get you admission any day of the tournament (Thursday through Sunday), plus a food truck voucher and a beverage voucher to keep you quenched. You’ll also get a preferred parking spot at the general admission lot. Price: $43
4-Pack of Any Day Package
Coming with friends and want to make sure everyone is taken care of? This 4-pack will do the trick, and at a discounted rate. Or, if you plan on coming multiple days of the event, you can use the 4-pack for that scenario too. Price: $145
Everyone clear? Good! (And remember: Under 17 gets in free accompanied by a paying adult, and there’s no charge for active/retired members of the military and their families.)
Now pick the option that strikes your fancy and get online at //www.anainspiration.com/ and plan to enjoy this world class event in person right here in beautiful Rancho Mirage!