SoCal welcomes largest ATP Tour and WTA combined two-week event in the world
The BNP Paribas Open, the largest ATP Tour and WTA combined two-week event in the world, returns to Indian Wells Tennis Garden March 4 – 17. Often called the “5th major,” this event is one of the biggest tournaments of the year and features the very best men and women players in the world.
Located in the second largest market in the country, the tournament began as the “American Airlines Tennis Games” in 1974 and has evolved into the most attended tournament in the world outside of the Grand Slams. The 2019 BNP Paribas Open is a two-week combined ATP World Tour Masters 1000 and WTA Premier event featuring the top professional players. They compete in a 96 singles draw and 32 doubles draw.
This year, a total of 96 men and 128 women take to the hard courts at the magnificent Indian Wells Tennis Garden. There will be 32 seeded players in the Men’s and Women’s singles draws. Naomi Osaka, the 2018 women’s champion, returns to defend her title. Sadly, the men’s defending champion Juan Martin del Potro will not be back on the courts. The Argentine is still on the comeback from an injury and announced his withdrawal from the event. Fans can take a look back at some of the biggest moments from the 2018 tournament.
Grab tickets to ‘Paradise’
Whether fans are only able to take in a day or two of play or plan to spend two amazing tennis-filled weeks, there are a number of ticket packages available for a variety of schedules and budgets.
- Daily Tickets: Best for fans seeking individual or non-consecutive days. Select a Grounds Pass, reserved seating in Stadiums 1, 2 or 3, or Box Seats.
- Mini Packages: These ensure you make the most out of a shorter visit. All tickets, ranging from Prime Loge to Front Box, include reserved seating in Stadium 1.
- Group Packages: The ideal option for groups of 10 or more per session. Select Group Package, Team Package or All-Pro Package.
- Hotel Packages: These include hotel accommodations, tickets in Stadium 1, shuttle service from most hotels, the official tournament program and daily draw sheets. Additional benefits are available for Masters and Final 4 Days packages.
- Series Packages: Select from a variety of seating options for reserved seats in Stadiums 1-3 and receive early notification of special offers and events. Box Seats and Club Suites ticket holders who purchase in pairs are also eligible for parking passes and an official 2019 tournament program with name recognition. Front Box tickets grant access to the exclusive Front Box Club.
Your home court
With two weeks full of tennis, stick around and enjoy all that Rancho Mirage and the Palm Springs Valley has to offer. Rub (tennis) elbows with the celebrities on March 5 when Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa hosts an exciting celebrity tennis event featuring Frances Tiafoe, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Genie Bouchard and others. Take in the VIP receptions, a Pro Am tournament, exhibition matches and dinner with live entertainment.
Then relax in one of a number of resorts with spacious rooms, poolside patios, private villas, and other options to suit all your needs. Many hotels offer great discounts and other deals to make your tennis getaway even more affordable.